An exciting opportunity for a passionate Sous Chef to join teams at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa and The Crown and Castle, Orford.
Sous Chef at The Hotel Folk
Salary - Dependant on Experience
The Hotel Folk, a family run hotel group with six unique properties across the beautiful county of Suffolk are looking for their next Sous Chefs at:
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate Sous Chef to bring their own ideas to the restaurant offering. You will need to have a keen interest in the training and development of your team while working alongside our highly skilled and experienced new Head Chef.
We are searching for an enthusiastic and inspiring Sous Chef to oversee the food operation, training and development of the kitchen team, while building strong relationships with suppliers and using locally sourced produce where possible and having a hands-on creative approach to their work.
Our Benefits Include:
- Free golf at Thorpeness Golf Club and Hotel
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days
- Share of the Hotel tips
- Up to 50% discount on accommodation and dining throughout the Company for family members
- £35 per room B&B for employee and guest at any of our hotels
- Discount at the Weavers’ House Spa
- Free staff meals when on duty
- Employee Assistance Programme – Hospitality Action
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Simply Health “cash back” health benefit scheme
- Edenred – Employee Benefit Scheme
- Long Service Awards
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Full understanding and proven experience of H+S and EHO requirements for this role
- Exceptionally high standards and can lead and inspire their team by example
- Responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Experience of liaising with suppliers, ordering, complaint handling and problem solving to drive the business forward
- Strong organisational and administrative kitchen management skills
- Be interested in creative menu development in keeping with the elevated standards that this food and beverage operation is looking to reach
- Rosette or fine dining experience would be beneficial
- Understanding of managing budgets and achieving GP is preferred
- Please enquire if you need help with accommodation in the short term.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this role, click apply now, attach your CV and use the job role as the subject title, we look forward to hearing from you!