Senior Sous Chef at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
Full Time | Salary: £34,000 to £36,000 per year
The Hotel Folk, a family run hotel group with six unique properties across the beautiful county of Suffolk, are looking for their next Senior Sous Chef at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel and Spa.
We are looking for a professional and hard-working individual, with a passion for food who will be able to support the Head Chef in managing and motivating the kitchen team.
You will be required to assist the Head Chef to plan and deliver balanced menus that offer interest, quality and are to a consistently high standard. You will deputise and have total responsibility for the Kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence, and work alongside and supervise the work of the other chefs and kitchen porters.
You will need to prove you are able to work in the UK before joining our Company.
Benefits of working as a Chef for The Hotel Folk:
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at Thorpeness Golf Club and Hotel
- 28 days annual leave pro rata
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels from only £50 per room, per night
- Discounted products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Tailored company induction and continued training and development opportunities
About The Hotel Folk:
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following qualities:
- Full understanding and proven experience of H+S and EHO requirements for this role
- Work to exceptionally high standards and be able to lead by example and inspire their team
- Responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Experience of liaising with suppliers, ordering, complaint handling and problem solving to drive the business forward
- Strong organisational and administrative kitchen management skills
- Be interested in creative menu development in keeping with the elevated standards that this food and beverage operation is looking to reach
- Rosette or fine dining experience would be beneficial but not required
- Understanding of managing budgets and achieving GP is preferred
- Please enquire if you need help with accommodation in the short term.
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this role, click apply now, attach your CV and use the job role as the subject title, we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now