An exciting opportunity for a passionate Sous Chef to join The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Sous Chef at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Salary: £29,000 to £32,000 per annum
Vacancy for: Sous Chef (full-time)
The Hotel Folk, a family run hotel group with six unique properties across the beautiful county of Suffolk are looking for their next Sous Chef at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel and Spa.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate Sous Chef to bring their own ideas to the restaurant offering. You will need to have a keen interest in the training and development of your team while working alongside our highly skilled and experienced new Head Chef.
With two distinctly different restaurants, there is a huge opportunity to oversee and develop two food experiences, we have a massive following for afternoon tea and three function rooms which are ideal for weddings, conferences and events.
We are searching for an enthusiastic and inspiring Sous Chef to oversee the food operation, training and development of the kitchen team, while building strong relationships with suppliers and using locally sourced produce where possible and having a hands-on creative approach to their work.
Our benefits include:
- Free golf at Thorpeness Golf Club and Hotel
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days
- Share of the Hotel tips
- Up to 50% discount on accommodation and dining throughout the Company for family members
- £35 per room B&B for employee and guest at any of our hotels
- Discount at the Weavers’ House Spa
- Free staff meals when on duty
- Employee Assistance Programme – Hospitality Action
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Simply Health “cash back” health benefit scheme
- Edenred – Employee Benefit Scheme
- Long Service Awards
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Full understanding and proven experience of H+S and EHO requirements for this role.
- Exceptionally high standards and can lead and inspire their team by example
- Responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Experience of liaising with suppliers, ordering, complaint handling and problem solving to drive the business forward
- Strong organisational and administrative kitchen management skills
- Be interested in creative menu development in keeping with the elevated standards that this food and beverage operation is looking to reach
- Rosette or fine dining experience would be beneficial
- Understanding of managing budgets and achieving GP is preferred
- Please enquire if you need help with accommodation in the short term.
Please see this link to see the changes we have implemented to keep our guests and employees safe. https://theswanatlavenham.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.