Apply now for a fantastic opportunity to join The Crown & Caste, Orford, as a Night Porter
The Hotel Folk have a fantastic opportunity for a Night Porter to join their friendly team at The Crown and Castle in Orford, working on a Monday and Tuesday night from 11pm to 7am . You will join a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience. Ideally, you will have previous experience of working nights and previous experience of working in hospitality. As this role involves serving drinks in the bar to resident guests outside of normal bar hours, by law, you must be at least 18 years old. Full training will be provided.
Benefits of working as a Night Porter:
- Paid breaks
- Share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
We are currently offering the following extra benefit:
Discretionary Service Bonus:
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality, available to 30th September 2021.
Your key tasks as a Night Porter:
- Respond to guest and customer requests courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Answer in-coming telephone calls.
- Ensure that all guests complete a registration card on arrival.
- Offer guests assistance with luggage.
- Patrol the hotel corridors at hourly intervals and the hotel exterior at least twice a night. Follow lock up procedure.
- Ensure the Hotel is sparkling clean by following the cleaning schedule.
- Knowledge of the Fire procedures, and ensure that you are aware of the evacuation procedures.
About The Hotel Folk:
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have the right to work in the UK.
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.25 per hour