The Hotel Folk have a fantastic opportunity available for a Hotel Maintenance Person to join their friendly team at The Brudenell Hotel, Aldeburgh.
- Maintenance Person at The Brudenell Hotel
- Salary: From £10.00 per hour
Vacancy for: Maintenance Person
The Hotel Folk are now looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and highly organised Hotel Maintenance Person to join their team based at The Brudenell Hotel, Aldeburgh. As a Maintenance Person you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance in and around the hotel. This will include maintaining all buildings and facilities to a high standard and provide a safe, attractive, comfortable, and functional environment to enhance the customer experience. You will ideally have experience in plumbing; carpentry work; electrical; painting; HVAC; flooring and general repairs.
This is a full time position working 5 days out of 7 per week, which will include one weekend per month.
Benefits of Working as a Maintenance Person at The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- Annual leave that increases with service upto 33 days pa (pro rata)
- 50% off food in all our Restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Your main duties as a Maintenance Person at The Brudenell Hotel:
- Undertake all the tasks from the daily jobs list, reporting to the Operations Manager.
- Build a good working relationship with reliable external suppliers. Order any maintenance items in a timely and appropriate manner using the purchase order system.
- Check that the hotel meets all safety, health and safety standards.
- Work closely with external companies to ensure all systems are checked to meet all legal requirements.
- Ensure the weekly fire alarm and monthly emergency lighting tests are carried out, recorded and any faults are dealt with in a legal and safe manner.
- Liaise with any external suppliers who are contracted to carry out any major refurbishment of bedrooms, public or back of house areas.
- Attend any agreed relevant and suitable internal and external meeting, courses.
- Basic painting and decoration
- Minor repairs to fixtures and fittings
- Hanging and repairing signage
- Repairing garden fixtures and furniture
- Outdoors: Repairs to pathway and out buildings
- General Plumbing: Taps, valves, toilets, faucets, fix leaks, blockages, pipework installation.
- Electrical repairs and maintenance: light bulbs, plugs, wiring, circuit breakers, fuse changes.
- Carpentry & General Construction: woodwork, sanding, painting.
- Due to the location of this hotel, being able to travel is essential.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
The Hotel Folk is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity in employment. Successful candidates will be selected solely on their ability to carry out the duties of the post.