A fantastic opportunity to become a Maintenance Person for The Hotel Folk - based at The White Lion in Aldeburgh
Maintenance Person - Thorpeness Golf Club and Hotel
Salary: £11.00 per hour
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for Maintenance Person to join our team at Thorpeness Golf Club and Hotel.
Benefits of working as a Maintenance Person for The Hotel Folk:
- Free meals when on duty
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Up to 50% off dining within our hotels, restaurants and bars
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Exceptional rates should you or your family wish to stay in our properties
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Simply Health – health benefit and cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme
- 33 days annual leave p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
Key tasks of a Maintenance Person:
- Communicate daily with general manager to discuss work schedule and priorities
- Ensure that management are aware of any outstanding maintenance work and action to be taken
- Identify any work that needs to be undertaken and recommend how it could be completed
- Carry out weekly fire safety and emergency lighting checks if situated in the hotels
- Record all tests and checks neatly and accurately with signature
- Always work safely in accordance with the health and safety policy and procedures
- Always work so that there is a minimum amount of disruption to guests and other staff
- Know when to call upon expert/professional service providers, in agreement with line manager
- Transporting equipment and supplies
- Read and record monthly meter readings if situated in hotels
- Carry out repair and replacement work that does not need to be completed by a qualified person. Such work could include basic painting and decoration, replacing taps and valves, connecting plugs, hanging pictures, minor repairs to fixtures and fittings, unblocking sinks and drains, hanging and repairing signage, and repairing garden fixtures and furniture
About The Hotel Folk:
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this role, click apply now, attach your CV and use the job role as the subject title, we look forward to hearing from you!