Kitchen Porter at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
Hourly Rate: up to £10.42 - dependant on age
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for a motivated and hard working Kitchen Porter to join their friendly team at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel.
As a Kitchen Porter you will work as a member of the kitchen team, ensuring that all service areas are kept clean and clear of rubbish at all times. You will also have the opportunity to support the chefs with basic food preparation.
We are looking for full and part-time team members and this will include working evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
We pay national minimum wage dependant on your age upon joining the company however, you will be given a tailored training programme, so you are clear on what’s expected of you. Should you be aged between 16 – 20 your pay could increase to £8.00 per hour or £10.42 per hour for 21 – 22-year-olds once you have completed your training plan and passed you probation.
Benefits of Working as a Kitchen Porter for The Hotel Folk:
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays and pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels from only £50prpn
- Discounted products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Tailored company induction and continued training and development opportunities
Your key tasks as a Kitchen Porter:
- Ensure that all washing up has been done by the time the shift ends.
- Empty and disinfect bins and the bin yard area after every refuse collection.
- Ensure that service entrances are kept tidy and rubbish-free.
- Help to receive deliveries.
- Help to store food and supplies.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this role, click apply now, attach your CV and use the job role as the subject title, we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now