Apply now for a fantastic opportunity to become a Kitchen Porter at The Crown & Castle, Orford
Kitchen Porter at The Crown & Castle, Orford
Hourly rate: Up to £9.50 per hour - dependant on age
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for a motivated and hard-working Kitchen Porter to join their friendly team at The Crown and Castle in Orford.
As a Kitchen Porter you will work as a member of the kitchen team, ensuring that washing up is completed and all service areas are kept clean and clear of rubbish at all times, you will also be required to do some prep work.
We are looking for a team member to do up to 40 hours per week, this role is on a rota basis and will involve some evening and/or weekend work on a rota basis. Part time applicants will also be considered.
We pay national minimum wage dependant on your age upon joining the company however, you will be given a tailored training programme, so you are clear on what’s expected of you. Should you be aged between 16 – 20 your pay could increase to £8.00 per hour or £9.50 per hour for 21 – 22-year-olds once you have completed your training plan and passed you probation.
Benefits of Working as a Kitchen Porter for The Hotel Folk:
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- Annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days pa (pro rata)
- 50% off food in all our Restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Your key tasks as a Kitchen Porter:
- Ensure that all washing up has been done by the time the shift ends.
- Empty and disinfect bins and the bin yard area after every refuse collection.
- Ensure that service entrances are kept tidy and rubbish-free.
- Help to receive deliveries.
- Help to store and prep food and supplies.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this role, click apply now, attach your CV and use the job role as the subject title, we look forward to hearing from you!