The Hotel Folk are currently looking for Kitchen Porters to join their team at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa.
- Kitchen Porter at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Hourly Rate: up to £8.91 per hour
Vacancy for: Kitchen Porter
The Hotel Folk are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join their team at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa. As a Kitchen Porter you will work as a member of the kitchen team, ensuring that all washing up and service areas are kept clean and clear of rubbish at all times. This is an important role in a busy working environment and will require you to work on your own initiative to help the team meet all customer requirements.
This role is on a rota basis and the hours and days of work can be mutually agreed to suit. It will involve some evening and weekend work which is on a rota basis.
Benefits of Working as a Kitchen Porter for The Hotel Folk:
We pay the NMW for your age, therefore up to £8.91 phr. (Plus a share of the tips)
- Discretionary Service Bonus
- Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Your key tasks as a Kitchen Porter:
- Ensure that all washing up has been done by the time the shift ends.
- Empty and disinfect bins and the bin yard area after every refuse collection.
- Ensure that service entrances are kept tidy and rubbish-free.
- Help to receive deliveries.
- Help to store food and supplies.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see this link to see the changes we have implemented to keep our guests and employees safe. https://theswanatlavenham.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.