The Hotel Folk are currently looking for Kitchen Porters to join their team at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa.
Kitchen Porter at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
Salary: Up to £8.91 per hour
The Hotel Folk are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join their friendly team at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa. As a Kitchen Porter you will work as a member of the kitchen team, ensuring that all washing up and service areas are kept clean and clear of rubbish at all times. This is an important role in a busy working environment and will require you to work on your own initiative to help the team meet all customer requirements.
This role is on a rota basis and the hours and days of work can be mutually agreed to suit. It will involve some evening and weekend work which is on a rota basis. We are able to guarantee a minimum of 16 hours a week, and over busy periods we will be able to offer up to 32 hours per week should you wish.
We pay national minimum wage dependant on your age upon joining the company however, you will be given a tailored training programme, so you are clear on what’s expected of you. Should you be aged between 16 – 20 your pay could increase to £8.00 per hour or £9.50 per hour for 21 – 22-year-olds once you have completed your training plan and passed you probation.
Benefits of Working as a Kitchen Porter for The Hotel Folk:
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Your key tasks as a Kitchen Porter:
- Ensure that all washing up has been done by the time the shift ends
- Empty and disinfect bins and the bin yard area after every refuse collection
- Ensure that service entrances are kept tidy and rubbish-free
- Help to receive deliveries
- Help to store food and supplies
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this role, click apply now, attach your CV and use the job role as the subject title, we look forward to hearing from you!