The Hotel Folk have an exciting opportunity for a Gardener to join their team at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
Gardener at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
Hourly Rate: up to £9.50 - dependant on age
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for an experienced Gardener to join their friendly team at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel and Thorpeness Country Club. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of horticulture or equivalent qualification. You will need to be able to travel between the properties which are all within 2 miles of each other, and therefore due to the location you may need to be able to drive. We are looking for a part time team member.
We pay national minimum wage dependant on your age upon joining the company however, you will be given a tailored training programme, so you are clear on what’s expected of you. Should you be aged between 16 – 20 your pay could increase to £8.00 per hour or £9.50 per hour for 21 – 22-year-olds once you have completed your training plan and passed you probation.
Benefits of Working as a Gardener for The Hotel Folk:
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Key duties as a Gardener at The Hotel Folk:
- digging, planting and weeding flower beds and borders
- pruning shrubs and trees
- checking the health of plants and controlling pests
- using machinery like lawn mowers and hedge trimmers
- looking after the appearance of plants and the surrounding landscape
- cleaning and maintaining equipment
About The Hotel Folk
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
If you would like to apply for this role, click apply now, attach your CV and use the job role as the subject title, we look forward to hearing from you!