If you’re trained to CDP level then you’re the type of person we’re looking for to join our dedicated kitchen team at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Chef de Partie at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 per annum
Vacancy for: Chef de Partie
Permanent, full time CDP required, salary plus tips, live in accommodation available.
One of the most prestigious hotel operators in Suffolk, The Hotel Folk are looking to find people like you. If you’re passionate about hospitality and trained to CDP level then you’re the type of person we’re looking for to join our dedicated teams, who pride themselves on looking after guests better than anyone else in the county.
The Hotel Folk, a group of 6 individual family run hotels, all located within Suffolk, currently have fantastic opportunities for an experienced and enthusiastic CDP (Chef de Partie) to join their kitchen team at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa.
We are currently offering the following benefits:
Discretionary Service Bonus
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
If you work on a salaried contract, typically 40 hours per week, for any hours worked 45 or above you will be paid overtime at your equivalent hourly rate. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Other benefits of working as a Chef de Partie include:
- A share of the tips
- Free meals when on duty
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Up to 50% off dining within our hotels, restaurants and bars
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Exceptional rates should you or your family wish to stay in our properties
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Simply Health – health benefit and cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
Chef whites will also be provided and regularly laundered by the company
As one of our CDP’s you will have responsibility for running a specific section of the kitchen, and your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Head Chef/Sous Chef to plan menus and dishes and help with the overall running of the Kitchen
- Assist in the monitoring of food quality and hygiene standards
- Understanding and adhering to H+S and HACCP regulations
- Order stocks and supplies from approved suppliers
- Ensure that stocks and supplies are of an acceptable quality and rotated correctly
- Ensure that prepared food is of the right quality and that the presentation of food is to the required standard
- Give support and guidance to Commis Chefs
- Ability to work a variety of shifts on a rota.
- Have previous experience working within a similar role.
- Have a passion for and genuine interest in food.
- Have a mature and pleasant manner.
- Be a team player.
- Be able to work under pressure in a busy kitchen.
Please see this link to see the changes we have implemented to keep our guests and employees safe. https://theswanatlavenham.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.