The Hotel Folk are looking for a Restaurant Manager to join their team at The Brudenell Hotel in Aldeburgh.
- Restaurant Manager at The Brudenell Hotel
- Salary: £25,000 p/a
Vacancy for: Restaurant Manager
The Hotel Folk have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Restaurant Manager to join their team at The Brudenell Hotel, Aldeburgh. In a stunning seafront setting, The Brudenell Hotel is just a few steps away from the beach on Suffolk’s Heritage Coast. It has wonderful panoramic sea views to the front, while at the back it overlooks the river Alde and surrounding countryside. The four star, 44-bedroom hotel is renowned for its AA two rosette Seafood & Grill restaurant and large sea-facing terrace for dining and drinking al fresco on warmer days.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- Up to 33 days annual leave pro rata (increasing with service)
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Development Opportunities
Overall Job Purpose:
Overall management responsibility for the restaurant operation, overseeing and supporting all aspects of service to include the restaurant, room service, lounge service, bar and the function rooms. Up keeping the standards of service, cleanliness and all other aspects of day to day management of the restaurant.
Hospitality & Service
- Provide the highest quality of guest service standards and product knowledge with the aim to exceed expectations at all times.
- Be an exceptional and professional ambassador for the hotel in all your business relationships.
- Maintain and improve the all departmental standards in conjunction with the Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and manner in all your relationships whilst representing the company.
- To communicate and manage customer expectations and experiences.
- Maintain product knowledge for all team members
- Give relevant information for and help to produce the department budgets in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Ensure that the department operates profitably and within budget by maximising revenue and controlling all costs in line with business levels with particular attention to controlling wages in line with budgets.
- Ensure that effective management and control of billing is maintained throughout all department operations
- Ensure effective cash handling in the department
- Maximise the use of tables in the restaurant effectively.
- Maintain a healthy stock control system for beverages
- Maintain a pricing structure suitable to our product range which achieves the companies budgeted margins.
- Encourage team members in improving sales performance
- Maximise sales and revenue from all restaurant and bar operations by creating and then maintaining a strong selling culture within the department
- Review with the Operations Manager/Assistant Manager on a regular basis the product range across all areas of the operation and where appropriate propose changes that will have a positive impact on sales
- To ensure that all food and beverage sales initiatives are communicated effectively and the appropriate level of support is offered to the team
- To be the face of the restaurant operation and develop healthy relationships with regular customers to ensure the future of the business
- By maintaining a high level of quality and service, continually promote the reputation of the restaurant business.
- Support the Operations Manager/General Manager in marketing initiatives
People Management & Development
- Help the Operations Manager/General Manager to establish a team spirit to achieve excellence and meet the hotel’s values.
- Ensure that a strong culture of training and development exists within the team by supporting and initiating training courses and career advancement so that all staff members feel motivated and valued.
- Ensure that all department team members receive appropriate induction training; statutory training and any other training needs are met by use of initiatives such as the training delivered by the Academy of Food and Wine Service packs.
- Ensure that training and development meets the business needs as well as the individual.
- As assigned undertake and assist with the department’s performance management function including reviews, appraisals and grievances.
- To help ensure that an effective Standard of Performance (SOP) manual is kept up to date and the team regularly run through these standards.
- Ensure strong relationships and levels of communication with the Head Chef and his Kitchen Team
Health & Safety
- Help to ensure that all areas of our responsibility comply with health and safety policy and legislation
- Liaise closely with the hotels appointed health and safety manager as and when appropriate.
- Ensure that all appropriate issues are communicated to the General Manager.
- Ensure the personal security of all staff, guests and contractors together with their belongings.
Key Performance Measures:
- Revenues for food and beverage are achieved
- Ensure Liquor margins are achieved and support the head chef to achieve food margins
- Guests comments feedback
- Retention of staff
- Employee Development and training
- Ensure food and beverage average spends are achieved use initiatives to help this.
- Positive reviews on online review sites
- Maintain appropriate data records for the department and its activities in all areas
- Strong report from AA Dashboard
- APPLY NOW -