The Hotel Folk are looking to employ a creative Marketing Assistant to join their friendly team based at Woodbridge.
Marketing Assistant at The Hotel Folk
Vacancy for: Marketing Assistant
Do you have a good grasp of the marketing basics and looking for your second role in a busy and growing marketing team in the hospitality industry? The Hotel Folk, based in Woodbridge, Suffolk are looking for a Marketing Assistant to join an existing team of four talented and creative individuals to drive our hotels to the next level in marketing and commercial excellence.
The Hotel Folk is a group of award-winning, luxury hotels located across the beautiful county of Suffolk.
Founded in 1996 with the acquisition of our first hotel, the Thorpeness Golf and Country Club we are now one of East Anglia’s leading independent hotel and leisure business with 6 hotels in the group. The group includes; The historic Swan Hotel and Spa in Lavenham, The Brudenell and White Lion in Aldeburgh, The Crown in Woodbridge, The Golf and Country Club and our latest acquisition The Crown and Castle in Orford. Each hotel offers their own unique style and consumers can be assured of wonderful accommodation and excellent dining, all set in some of the country’s most beautiful locations.
In an increasingly competitive environment marketing is becoming an increasingly important aspect of The Hotel Folk business strategy hence the creation of this role growing the marketing team to a total of four talented individuals. The marketing agenda is extremely varied and exciting including aspects of brand management, website development, creation of exciting propositions for the individual hotels, creative and media planning.
WHERE WILL YOU BE BASED?
The marketing office is based in Woodbridge which is easily commutable from Ipswich, Felixstowe and Stowmarket as well as the northern towns of Essex. The working week is structured around being based at majority of the time in the Woodbridge office with a remainder of your time being spent in the hotels working with the Marketing Manager, hotel managers and key members of the hotel team.
WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Responsible for assisting, helping to create and delivering the monthly marketing calendar for the hotels alongside the Marketing Manager. You will be working to achieve the sales and marketing objectives agreed as part of the annual budget process
- Tracking the results of each marketing campaign you have run to ensure a satisfactory ROI on each piece of activation
- You would be responsible for admin, meeting minutes and the upkeep on the groups Marketing Calendars
- Maintaining content for each individual website pages
- Month to month social media scheduling and content creation for each individual hotel social media channels
- Working with the in-house designer and appropriate agencies to create all marketing collateral to support the media plan alongside the Marketing Manager
- Build strong relationships with the managers of each of the individual hotels as well as key members or staff to ensure the marketing plan is understood and delivered within the business
- Assist in determining the annual marketing plan for The Hotel Folk in conduction with the Marketing Manager and wider marketing team
- Work on various ad hoc marketing projects as identified in the annual marketing plan to benefit the wider hotel group
- Evaluate the marketing budget for each individual hotel
ARE YOU THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- You will already have a good grasp of the marketing basics, ideally through your degree and ready for a role which looks to put those skills into practice in a structured way
- Basic graphic design skills would be preferred but not essential
- Able to build strong relationships and deliver results through people working Marketing Manager
- Professional communication skills
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING WITH?
The marketing function is growing at The Hotel Folk to a team of four. You will report into the Marketing Manager and work alongside the Digital Marketing Manager and our Graphic Designer. The hotel managers are also important stakeholders therefore you should be able to build a strong relationship with each hotel.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
33 days annual leave
Company pension scheme
Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
50% off Treatments and Products at our Weavers' House Spa
50% off in all our Restaurants. Free meals when on duty
B&B in any of our hotels for only £35 per room per night
Employee Assistance Programme
Simply Health – health benefit scheme
EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
Training and Developments Opportunities
- APPLY NOW -