The Hotel Folk are looking to employ an experienced Maintenance Person to work at The White Lion Hotel in Aldeburgh.
- Maintenance Person - The White Lion Hotel
- Salary: £9.00 per hour
Vacancy for: Maintenance Person
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Hotel Maintenance Person who will be responsible for the day to day maintenance, in and around the hotel.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, highly organised professional individual with a high attention to detail to work for The Hotel Folk, based at The White Lion Hotel.
You will ideally have experience in plumbing; carpentry work; electrical; painting; HVAC; flooring & general repairs. Maintaining all buildings, facilities to a high standard and provide a safe, attractive, comfortable, and functional environment to enhance the customer experience.
- Undertake all the tasks from the daily jobs list, reporting to the Operations Manager.
- Build a good working relationship with reliable external suppliers. Order any maintenance items in a timely and appropriate manner using the purchase order system.
- Check that the hotel meets all safety, health and safety standards.
- Work closely with external companies to ensure all systems are checked to meet all legal requirements.
- Ensure the weekly fire alarm and monthly emergency lighting tests are carried out, recorded and any faults are dealt with in a legal and safe manner.
- Liaise with any external suppliers who are contracted to carry out any major refurbishment of bedrooms, public or back of house areas.
- Attend any agreed relevant and suitable internal and external meeting, courses.
- Basic painting and decoration
- Minor repairs to fixtures and fittings
- Hanging and repairing signage
- Repairing garden fixtures and furniture
- Outdoors: Repairs to pathway and out buildings
- General Plumbing: Taps, valves, toilets, faucets, fix leaks, blockages, pipework installation.
- Electrical repairs and maintenance: light bulbs, plugs, wiring, circuit breakers, fuse changes.
- Carpentry & General Construction: woodwork, sanding, painting.
- Due to the location of this hotel, being able to travel is essential.
As a well-established company we are committed to attracting and retaining individuals by offering an excellent benefits package that includes a wide range of core and voluntary benefits, eg, meals whilst on duty, a share of the tips, free parking and a generous staff discount package. The Hotel Folk is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity in employment. Successful candidates will be selected solely on their ability to carry out the duties of the post.
This is a full time position working 5 days per week, which will include some weekend working.
- APPLY NOW -