A fantastic opportunity to work as a Kitchen Porter in the Sea Spice Indian Restaurant based at The White Lion Hotel, Aldeburgh.
- Kitchen Porter- Aldeburgh
- Salary: £8.21 per hour
Vacancy for: Kitchen Porter
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for a reliable Kitchen Porter to work at The White Lion Hotel, Aldeburgh in the Sea Spice Indian Restaurant on a part-time basis.
Overall Job Purpose:
To work as a member of the kitchen team, ensuring that all service areas are kept clean and clear of rubbish at all times.
- Work closely with the team to deliver the highest possible standard of service to guests.
- Put the “customer first” at all times.
- Respect other members of the team.
- Be flexible and willing to work in all areas of the kitchen.
- Ensure that all cleaning schedules are correctly followed at all times.
- Know which cleaning materials should be used for each area.
- Ensure that the wash-up areas are kept clear at all times
- Ensure that all washing up has been done by the time the shift ends.
- Ensure that supplies of crockery, cutlery etc do not run out.
- Store cleaned crockery, cutlery etc correctly.
- Empty bins
- Disinfect bins and the bin yard after every refuse collection.
- Ensure that service entrances are kept tidy and rubbish-free
- Help to receive deliveries
- Help to store food and supplies.
- Ensure that equipment is used safely and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Know and understand fire, health, safety and food hygiene requirements and procedures.
- Report anything that is faulty, damaged or which could cause a hazard either to colleagues or customers.
Key Performance Measures:
- Attendance and time-keeping
- Consistent achievement of cleaning and hygiene standards
- Guest comments/feedback
- Relationships with other members of staff
- Wear a uniform
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave increasing with service
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
- APPLY NOW -