The Hotel Folk are currently looking for a Kitchen Porter to join their team at The White Lion Hotel, Aldeburgh.
- Kitchen Porter at The White Lion Hotel
- Salary: £8.21 per hour
Vacancy for: Kitchen Porter
The Hotel Folk has an exciting opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join their team at The White Lion Hotel, Aldeburgh. As a member of the kitchen team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all service areas are kept clean and clear of rubbish at all times.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- Up to 33 days annual leave pro rata (increasing with service)
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Work closely with the team to deliver the highest possible standard of service to guests.
- Put the “customer first” at all times.
- Respect other members of the team.
- Be flexible and willing to work in all areas of the kitchen.
- Ensure that all cleaning schedules are correctly followed at all times.
- Know which cleaning materials should be used for each area.
- Ensure that the wash-up areas are kept clear at all times
- Ensure that all washing up has been done by the time the shift ends.
- Ensure that supplies of crockery, cutlery etc do not run out.
- Store cleaned crockery, cutlery etc correctly.
- Empty bins
- Disinfect bins and the bin yard after every refuse collection.
- Ensure that service entrances are kept tidy and rubbish-free
- Help to receive deliveries
- Help to store food and supplies.
- Ensure that equipment is used safely and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Know and understand fire, health, safety and food hygiene requirements and procedures.
- Report anything that is faulty, damaged or which could cause a hazard either to colleagues or customers.
Key Performance Measures:
- Attendance and time-keeping
- Consistent achievement of cleaning and hygiene standards
- Guest comments/feedback
- Relationships with other members of staff
- Wear a uniform
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group
- APPLY NOW -