The Hotel Folk are currently looking for a Night Porter to join their team at The Brudenell Hotel in Aldeburgh, Suffolk
- Night Porter at The Brudenell Hotel
- Salary: £9.00 per hour
Vacancy for: Night Porter
The Hotel Folk have a fantastic opportunity for a Night Porter to join their friendly team at The Brudenell Hotel, Aldeburgh. You will join a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience. Ideally, you will have previous experience of working nights and previous experience of working in hospitality. As this role involves serving drinks in the bar to resident guests outside of normal bar hours, by law, you must be at least 18 years old.
Benefits of working as a Night Porter:
- Discretionary Service Bonus
- Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
- Paid breaks
- Share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave increasing with service
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Your key tasks as a Night Porter:
- Respond to guest and customer requests courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Answer in-coming telephone calls.
- Take accurate reservation enquiries.
- Ensure that all guests complete a registration card on arrival.
- Offer guests assistance with luggage.
- Patrol the hotel corridors at hourly intervals and the hotel exterior at least twice a night.
- Follow lock up procedure as efficiently and precisely as possible.
- Complete all checklists on a daily basis and keep the daily day book/handover diary up-to-date.
- Ensure the Hotel is sparkling clean by responding quickly to spills and accidents and following the cleaning schedule and signing off on jobs.
- Knowledge of the Fire procedures, and ensure that you are aware of the evacuation procedures.
- To wear a uniform.
- To be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
- To be willing to cover in other hotels within the group.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see the attached link for full details of the precautions we have implemented to keep our customers, employees and suppliers safe. https://www.brudenellhotel.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.