The Hotel Folk are currently looking for Food & Beverage Assistants to join their friendly team at The Crown at Woodbridge.
We are looking for a practical person to help with general maintenance of the hotel and our small garden area, at The Crown at Woodbridge. Ideally the hours would be three mornings a week (around 18 hours, start time can vary and can be arranged by agreement). The type of work we are looking for someone to help us with is:
- Identify any work that needs to be undertaken and recommend how it could be completed (by yourself or specialised/external company).
- Ensure the outside of the building is kept tidy: looking after the plants; the car park boarders; entrances & exits.
- Carry out weekly fire safety and emergency lighting checks.
- Transporting equipment and supplies.
- Carry out repair and replacement work that does not need to be completed by a qualified person.
Such work could include:-
- Basic painting and decoration
- Replacing taps and valves
- Connecting plugs
- Hanging pictures
- Minor repairs to fixtures and fittings
- Unblocking sinks and drains
- Hanging and repairing signage
- Repairing garden fixtures and furniture
- Light gardening duties
If you enjoy DIY then this role may suit you. (Previous applicants need not apply.)
Benefits of working as a Maintenance Person with The Hotel Folk:
- Tips on top of hourly rate
- Free meals when on duty
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Up to 50% off dining within our hotels, restaurants and bars
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Exceptional rates should you or your family wish to stay in our properties
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Simply Health – health benefit and cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave pro rata (which increases with service)
We are currently offering the following extra benefit:
Discretionary Service Bonus:
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality, available to 30th September 2021
Part-time hours: 18 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.18 per hour