The Crown at Woodbridge are currently looking for a Kitchen Porter to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for a motivated and hard working Kitchen Porter to join their friendly team at The Crown at Woodbridge, Suffolk to work between 20 to 40 hours per week (this can be mutually agreed). As a Kitchen Porter you will work as a member of the kitchen team, ensuring that all service areas are kept clean and clear of rubbish at all times. You will also have the opportunity to support the chefs with basic food preparation.
This role is on a rota basis and may involve some evening and/or weekend work.
Benefits of Working as a Kitchen Porter for The Hotel Folk:
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
We are currently offering the following as an extra benefit:
Discretionary Service Bonus:
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Your key tasks as a Kitchen Porter:
- Ensure that all washing up has been done by the time the shift ends.
- Empty and disinfect bins and the bin yard area after every refuse collection.
- Ensure that service entrances are kept tidy and rubbish-free.
- Help to receive deliveries.
- Help to store food and supplies.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see the attached link for our actions implemented, with the aim of keeping our employees and guests as safe as possible. https://www.thecrownatwoodbridge.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have the right to work in the UK.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £8.91 per hour
- Kitchen Porter at The Crown at Woodbridge
- Hourly rate: up to £8.91