Apply now for a fantastic opportunity to become a Head Receptionist at The White Lion Hotel, Aldeburgh.
- Head Receptionist at The White Lion Hotel
- Salary: £22,000 per annum
Vacancy for: Head Receptionist
The Hotel Folk have a fantastic opportunity for a Head Receptionist to join their friendly team based at The White Lion Hotel in Aldeburgh, Suffolk. As a Head Receptionist you will be fully responsible for the supervision of the reception and front of house areas and provide a professional and excellent customer service to all guests and customers and work closely with other team members to ensure that standards are maintained in all FOH areas and all targets are met, and to be responsible on a day to day basis for reservations and revenue management for The Hotel. You will also be asked to take on the role and responsibilities of a Duty Manager and take a strong ownership of the customer journey.
Benefits of working as a Head Receptionist:
- Discretionary Service Bonus
- Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
- Free meals when on duty
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Up to 50% off dining within our hotels, restaurants and bars
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Exceptional rates should you or your family wish to stay in our properties
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Simply Health – health benefit and cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme
- 33 days annual leave pro rata
Your Key Tasks as a Head Receptionist:
- Working closely with the Group Revenue Manager and the Assistant Hotel Manager to maximise all bookings by delivering an efficient reservations service by phone, email and post.
- To maximise revenue using all sales opportunities when handling enquiries, i.e. up-selling and cross-selling.
- To liaise closely with all departments, ensuring that all guest requests are dealt with appropriately.
- To have a committed and enthusiastic approach to exceeding budgeted sales targets.
- To ensure a welcoming and friendly service is delivered consistently
- Be aware of all arrivals/departures, functions, special events and special requests to offer a seamless welcome and service and proactively raise any concerns or issues.
- Respond to any special requests accurately and efficiently, and effectively communicate agreed arrangements or guests needs to the relevant departments in a timely manner.
- To be knowledgeable of all the products on offer within the hotel, events and promotions.
- Work closely with Housekeeping and maintenance to ensure a smooth customer experience for all guests.
- To professionally deal with all customer complaints and liaise with the Hotel Manager to ensure they are dealt with professional and effectively.
- Assist in the training and induction for all new employees in your department on their first day and going forward.
- Assist with managing absence in line with the company’s policies.
- Carry out performance appraisals, probationary reviews, and regular one to ones for all team members.
- Assist in the recruitment of new “Folk” in line with the company’s procedures, to ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed.
- To prepare rota’s and submit accurate weekly timesheets to payroll/HR.
- Provide a daily list of all residents, arrivals and departures for housekeeping, ensure that any relevant additional information is included.
- Handle cash accurately. Record any transactions and expenditure accurately.
- Ensure that all guests complete a registration card on arrival, appropriate paperwork completed when guests bringing a pet.
- Be able to work nights to cover holiday or sickness.
- A good understanding of the food and beverage department, cover will be necessary.
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group when needed.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see our COVID 19 policy statement on https://www.whitelion.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.