The Hotel Folk are currently looking for Food & Beverage Assistants to join their friendly team at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel.
- Food & Beverage at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
- Thorpeness, Aldeburgh
- Hourly rate: up to £8.91
Vacancy for: Food & Beverage Assistant (part-time or full-time hours)
The Hotel Folk are looking for Food & Beverage Assistants to join their friendly restaurant team at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel, Aldeburgh, Suffolk. The role will also cover weddings and events at Thorpeness Country Club. As a Food & Beverage Assistant you will provide courteous, efficient and knowledgeable service to our guests and ensure that presentation and cleaning standards are achieved and maintained in our restaurant. Previous waiter or waitress experience is helpful, however full training will be provided. If you are over 18 years old, tasks could include Bar duties.
We're happy to accommodate working hours that suit you - whether that's full-time or part-time, evenings, or weekends. Just let us know your preference when you apply.
Benefits of working as a Food and Beverage Assistant:
We pay the NMW for your age, therefore up to £8.91 phr. (Plus a share of the tips)
- Tips on top of hourly rate
- Discretionary Service Bonus
- Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
- Free meals when on duty
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Up to 50% off dining within our hotels, restaurants and bars
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Exceptional rates should you or your family wish to stay in our properties
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Simply Health – health benefit and cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
We are currently offering the following benefits:
Discretionary Service Bonus:
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk:
If you work on a salaried contract, typically 40 hours per week, for any hours worked 45 or above you will be paid overtime at your equivalent hourly rate. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Key tasks of a Food & Beverage Assistant include:
- Having a keen attention to ensuring customer satisfaction in our restaurant, bar, lounge and outside dining area
- Being able to inform customers about the content of each menu choice in the restaurant
- Able to take orders accurately in a friendly and confident manner
- Have knowledge of drinks and how to serve them correctly ie: the right glass, presentation, mixers etc. (the take will be age appropriate)
- Ensure that restaurant tables are laid out correctly
- Carry out room, terrace and lounge service as required
- Wear a uniform
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays
About The Hotel Folk:
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please open this link to see all we are doing to keep our employees and customer safe https://www.thorpeness.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.