Apply now for a fantastic opportunity to become a Food & Beverage Assistant at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Food & Beverage Assistant at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Hourly rate: up to £8.91
Vacancy for: Food & Beverage Assistant (part-time or full-time hours)
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for Food & Beverage Assistants to join their friendly team at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa. As a Food & Beverage Assistant you will provide courteous, efficient and knowledgeable service at all times. You will also be ‘forward thinking’ and take the initiative to anticipate and consider guest needs to ensure they have a memorable visit.
We're happy to accommodate working hours that suit you - whether that's full-time, part-time, evenings, or weekends. Just let us know your preference when you apply.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
We pay the NMW for your age, therefore up to £8.91 phr. (Plus a share of the tips)
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Main Responsibilities as a Food & Beverage Assistant:
- Take orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with wine service as and when required to provide guests with the level of service expected.
- Ensure a timely service delivery from the point of arrival of the guest through to their departure.
- Operate the Point of Sales system and process payments according to the Swan standards.
- Maximise profitability at all times through appropriate use of upselling techniques.
- Be aware of any special dietary requirements of guests and ensure that these are communicated to all team members.
- Work in a cohesive way with all departments to deliver the ultimate customer experience.
- Adhere to the uniform and grooming standards at all times.
- Attend any training sessions suggested for you to aid with your personal development.
- Adopt a flexible approach to working shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
- Be knowledgeable of the food and beverage offerings within the hotel.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the menu enabling you to offer suggestions and recommendations to our guests.
- Manage and anticipate guest needs to ensure expectations are exceeded whilst providing a personalised service.
About The Hotel Folk
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see this link to see the changes we have implemented to keep our guests and employees safe. https://theswanatlavenham.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.