The Hotel Folk are looking for Food and Beverage Supervisors to join their busy restaurant teams at one of their award winning hotels across Suffolk
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Hourly rate: £9.50
Vacancy for: Food and Beverage Supervisor (full-time or part-time)
The Hotel Folk are looking for Food and Beverage Supervisors to join their busy restaurant teams at one of their award winning hotels across Suffolk:
- Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
- The White Lion Hotel, Aldeburgh
- The Brudenell Hotel, Aldeburgh,
- The Crown at Woodbridge
- The Crown & Castle, Orford
- The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
As a Food and Beverage Supervisor you will manage the bar and restaurant areas to achieve the highest possible standards of service and to maximize sales. We're happy to accommodate working hours that suit you - whether that's full-time, part-time, evenings, or weekends. Just let us know your preference when you apply. Please also state which of our hotels you are applying for.
Benefits of working as a Food and Beverage Supervisor:
- Discretionary Service Bonus
- Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
- Tips on top of hourly rate
- Free meals when on duty
- Training & Development Opportunities
- 50% off in all our 6 hotel restaurants
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave pro rata (which increases with service)
Main Responsibilities for a Food and Beverage Supervisor:
- Ensure that all orders for drinks are prepared accurately, efficiently and that they are properly recorded and charged.
- Ensure that the Bar and stores are always correctly stocked.
- Promote a sales culture within the team to ensure sales opportunities are maximized.
- To undertake duty management duties if required.
- To be responsible for Food and Beverage Assistants and Bar Team Members
- Work closely with the bar team to deliver the highest possible standard of service to guests. Be aware of any special requests.
- Encourage a “customer first” culture within the team.
- Respond to guest and customer requests courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Be accountable for stock levels and for carrying out stock takes.
- Ensure wastage is minimized and record as appropriate.
- Be accountable for all bar cash and takings, including end-of-day reconciliation.
- Ensure that all reports are accurate and delivered on time.
- Ensure that all records are kept up-to-date – these include staff training records as well as stock control and cleaning charts.
Key Performance Measures:
- Achieve budgeted beverage revenues
- Maintain correct Liquor margins
- Guest comments/feedback
- Employee retention
- Wear a uniform.
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group.
About The Hotel Folk:
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see the attached link for our actions implemented, with the aim of keeping our employees and guests as safe as possible. https://www.thorpeness.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.