An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Events Supervisor at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel and Thorpeness Country Club
- Events Supervisor at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel and Thorpeness Country Club
- Hourly rate: £9.50 per hour
- Salary: £19,760 per annum
Vacancy for: Events Supervisor
The Hotel Folk cater for a number of weddings and parties throughout the year and are currently looking for an experienced Events Supervisor to manage events across Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel and Thorpeness Country Club. As our events are likely to take place during evenings and weekends, a high degree of flexibility is required for this role.
Benefits of Working as an Events Supervisor for The Hotel Folk:
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Key duties as an Events Supervisor at The Hotel Folk:
- Liaise with the Manager and Department Head’s to ensure robust communication and a collaborative approach allowing all aspects of the business to work together when events are taking place.
- Ensure that all staff have a service briefing prior to the start of the event.
- Assist in promoting a sales culture within the team to ensure sales opportunities are maximized.
- Manage the team to ensure that all areas are kept clean and tidy and that cleaning schedules are being consistently followed.
- Assist in the training of staff and in ensuring staff are assigned roles appropriately.
- Attend client meetings and conduct show-rounds as required, ensuring that requirements are fully understood and deliverable.
- To provide feedback to the Manager and pass on any customer comments to ensure issues can be addressed or praise given as appropriate.
- Encourage a “customer first” culture within the team and lead by example in promoting The Hotel Folk values.
- Be accountable for all bar cash and takings, including end-of-day reconciliation.
About The Hotel Folk
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please open this link to see all we are doing to keep our employees and customer safe https://www.thorpeness.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.