Apply now for a fantastic opportunity to become a Deputy Food & Beverage Manager at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa.
- Deputy Food & Beverage Manager at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Salary: £25,000 per year
Vacancy for: Deputy Food & Beverage Manager
The Hotel Folk, a group of 6 individual family run hotels all located within Suffolk, are currently looking for a Deputy Food and Beverage Manager to work alongside and support our existing Food and Beverage Manager at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel and Spa.
This role will require you to manage and oversee all aspects of food and beverage service including the management of the events/function business both in terms of selling and delivering the event on the day. To manage, motivate and support your Folk, optimising all opportunities to increase food and liquor sales and profit.
We are looking for an individual with excellent people management skills, great attention to detail in their administration skills, and ideally event management experience.
If you have experience of working within hospitality we would love to hear from you.
The Deputy Food and Beverage Manager role will require you to:
· Monitor food and liquor sales and expenditure across the department to ensure that agreed budgets and targets are achieved.
· Ensure that all operating and service standards are achieved and maintained.
· Allocate and deploy Folk, so that all areas are efficiently covered at all times.
· Ensure that all Folk are fully trained and competent within their job role.
· Monitor quality and service standards utilising guest feedback through Guest Revu taking corrective action whenever necessary.
· Identify any existing/potential operational problems and either resolve them or recommend solutions.
· Manage the Events/Functions sales and marketing plan to ensure agreed targets are achieved.
· Assist and on occasion oversee the operational delivery of events/functions including pre-event and on the day planning and execution.
· Assist with the recruitment and selection of new Folk for The Swan at Lavenham Hotel and Spa
· Undertake Duty Management responsibilities on a rota basis.
· Work closely with colleagues to ensure that the hotel runs smoothly in all areas at all times specifically reception and the kitchen.
· Ensure that all liquor ordering, deliveries and invoices are checked. Ensure that all liquor stock control procedures are set and adhered to including the completion of a monthly stock take.
· Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, which may include weekends, evenings and bank holidays.
· Ability to work under pressure and lead by example showing your Folk members how it’s really done.
· Be a recognisable face within The Swan, building relationships with locals and repeat guests.
Benefits of Working as a Deputy Food and Beverage Manager for The Hotel Folk:
· Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
· 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
· 50% off in all our Restaurants
· Free meals when on duty
· B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Simply Health – health benefit scheme
· EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
· Free car parking
· Holiday that increases with service to 33 days annual leave (pro rata)
· Company pension scheme
· Training & Development Opportunities
Please see this link to see the changes we have implemented to keep our guests and employees safe. https://theswanatlavenham.co.uk/info/covid-19/