The Hotel Folk have an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Commis Chef to join their kitchen team at The Crown at Woodbridge.
- Commis Chef at The Crown at Woodbridge
- Hourly rate: up to £8.91
Vacancy for: Commis Chef
The Hotel Folk are searching for an aspiring Commis Chef to join their friendly team at The Crown at Woodbridge. This is mainly a training role where you will work in all areas of the kitchen under supervision and learn a range of skills and tasks. So if you're passionate about food, are a strong team player, and are willing to learn and develop your culinary skills, then we would love to hear from you! This is a full time position,however we would still love to hear from you if you are interested in part-time hours.
Benefits of Working as a Commis Chef for The Hotel Folk:
We pay the NMW for your age, therefore up to £8.91 per hour plus a share of the tips
- Discretionary Service Bonus
- Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
We are currently offering the following benefits:
Discretionary Service Bonus:
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk:
If you work on a salaried contract, typically 40 hours per week, for any hours worked 45 or above you will be paid overtime at your equivalent hourly rate. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Your key tasks as a Commis Chef:
As a Commis Chef you will be responsible for assisting the Head Chef and his team in the day to day running of the kitchen which will include stock control, support in menu planning, and health and safety. You will also be required to:
- Work in any area of the kitchen as requested.
- Carry out food preparation.
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean, tidy and rubbish free at all times.
- Use equipment as shown, safely and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see the attached link for our actions implemented, with the aim of keeping our employees and guests as safe as possible. https://www.thecrownatwoodbridge.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.