The Hotel Folk have an exciting opportunity for aspiring Commis Chefs to join their kitchen teams at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel and The Crown at Woodbridge.
- Commis Chef at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel and The Crown at Woodbridge
- Hourly rate: up to £8.91
Vacancy for: Commis Chef (full-time)
The Hotel Folk are searching for aspiring Commis Chefs to join their friendly teams at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel and The Crown at Woodbridge. This is mainly a training role where you will work in all areas of the kitchen under supervision and learn a range of skills and tasks. So if you're passionate about food, are a strong team player, and are willing to learn and develop your culinary skills, then we would love to hear from you!
Benefits of Working as a Commis Chef for The Hotel Folk:
We pay the NMW for your age, therefore up to £8.91 phr. (Plus a share of the tips)
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Your key tasks as a Commis Chef:
As a Commis Chef you will be responsible for assisting the Head Chef and his team in the day to day running of the kitchen which will include stock control, support in menu planning, and health and safety. You will also be required to:
- Work in any area of the kitchen as requested.
- Carry out food preparation.
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean, tidy and rubbish free at all times.
- Use equipment as shown, safely and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please open this link to see all we are doing to keep our employees and customer safe https://www.thorpeness.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.