The Hotel Folk are currently recruiting for a Chef de Partie at The Brudenell Hotel, Aldeburgh.
Are you passionate about hospitality and trained to CDP level? We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Chef de Partie to join our dedicated team at The Brudenell Hotel in Aldeburgh.
As a CDP you will have responsibility for running a specific section of the kitchen, and your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Head Chef/Sous Chef to plan menus and dishes and help with the overall running of the Kitchen
- Assist in the monitoring of food quality and hygiene standards
- Understanding and adhering to H+S and HACCP regulations
- Order stocks and supplies from approved suppliers
- Ensure that stocks and supplies are of an acceptable quality and rotated correctly
- Ensure that prepared food is of the right quality and that the presentation of food is to the required standard
- Give support and guidance to Commis Chefs
Benefits of Working as a Chef de Partie (CDP) for The Hotel Folk:
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a.
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
We are currently offering the following benefits:
Discretionary Service Bonus:
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk:
If you work on a salaried contract, typically 40 hours per week, for any hours worked 45 or above you will be paid overtime at your equivalent hourly rate. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
- Ability to work a variety of shifts on a rota.
- Have previous experience working within a similar role.
- Have a passion for and genuine interest in food.
- Have a mature and pleasant manner.
- Be a team player.
- Be able to work under pressure in a busy kitchen.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Accommodation may be available depending on availability (charged at the accommodation offset rate).
About The Hotel Folk:
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see this link to see the changes we have implemented to keep our guests and employees safe. http://www.brudenellhotel.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£24,000.00 per year