Apply now for an exciting opportunity to become a Breakfast Chef at The White Lion Hotel, Aldeburgh
- Breakfast Chef at The White Lion Hotel
- Hourly rate: up to £9.62
Vacancy for: Breakfast Chef (part-time)
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for an experienced Breakfast Chef to join their kitchen team. This role will involve part-time breakfast shifts at The White Lion Hotel in Aldeburgh, Suffolk. As a Breakfast Chef you will work as a member of the kitchen team and to ensure that the breakfast’s are always presented and produced to the highest possible standard.
Benefits of working as a Breakfast Chef:
- Discretionary Service Bonus
- Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
- Tips on top of hourly rate
- Free meals when on duty
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Up to 50% off dining within our hotels, restaurants and bars
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Exceptional rates should you or your family wish to stay in our properties
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Simply Health – health benefit and cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
We are currently offering the following benefits:
Discretionary Service Bonus:
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk:
If you work on a salaried contract, typically 40 hours per week, for any hours worked 45 or above you will be paid overtime at your equivalent hourly rate. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Key tasks of a Breakfast Chef include:
- Carry out food preparation in any area of the kitchen, as requested.
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean, tidy and rubbish free at all times.
- Use equipment as shown, safely and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Look at ways to improve the performance and efficiency of the kitchen.
- Work closely with the team to deliver the highest possible standard of service to guests.
About The Hotel Folk:
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see our COVID 19 policy statement on https://www.whitelion.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.