The Hotel Folk are currently looking for an experienced Bar Team Member to join their friendly team at The Crown at Woodbridge
- Bar Team Member at The Crown at Woodbridge
- Hourly rate: up to £8.91
Vacancy for: Bar Team Member (full-time)
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for an experienced Bar Team Member to join their friendly team at The Crown in Woodbridge. As a Bar Team Member you will cover bar areas to provide courteous, efficient and knowledgeable service at all times. As the role involves serving alcohol, legally you must be at least 18 years old for your application to be considered. This is a full-time role however, we may consider part-time hours.
Benefits of working as a Bar Team Member:
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
We are currently offering the following benefits:
Discretionary Service Bonus
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
If you work on a salaried contract, typically 40 hours per week, for any hours worked 45 or above you will be paid overtime at your equivalent hourly rate. Terms and Conditions apply, available 17th May - 30th September 2021
Key tasks of a Bar Team Member include:
- Ensure that all orders for drinks are prepared accurately, efficiently and that they are properly recorded and charged.
- Be able to tell customers about the content of each menu choice.
- Know which drinks are available.
- Know how to serve drinks correctly ie: the right glass, presentation, mixers.
- Take orders accurately.
- Use the till accurately to record all transactions, ensure that all drinks are paid for and accounted for.
- Offer customers accompaniments.
- Keep the bar areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Clean and polish crockery, glassware and silverware.
About The Hotel Folk:
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please visit https://www.thecrownatwoodbridge.co.uk/info/covid-19/ for information on all we are doing to ensure our employees and customers stay safe.
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £8.91 per hour