The Hotel Folk are currently looking for an experienced Bar Team Member to join their friendly team at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
- Bar Team Member at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
- Hourly rate: up to £8.91
Vacancy for: Bar Team Member (full-time and part-time)
The Hotel Folk are currently looking for an experienced Bar Team Member to join their friendly team at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel. As a Bar Team Member you will cover bar areas to provide courteous, efficient and knowledgeable service at all times. As the role involves serving alcohol, legally you must be at least 18 years old for your application to be considered.
Benefits of working as a Bar Team Member:
We pay the NMW for your age, therefore up to £8.91 phr. (Plus a share of the tips)
- Discretionary Service Bonus
- Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
- A share of the tips
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 28 days annual leave that increases with service up to 33 days p.a. (pro rata for hours worked)
- 50% off food in all our hotel restaurants
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- 50% off treatments & products at our Weavers' House Spa
- Hospitality Action - Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – Health benefit scheme
- Eden Red – Employee rewards scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Key tasks of a Bar Team Member include:
- Ensure that all orders for drinks are prepared accurately, efficiently and that they are properly recorded and charged.
- Be able to tell customers about the content of each menu choice.
- Know which drinks are available.
- Know how to serve drinks correctly ie: the right glass, presentation, mixers.
- Take orders accurately.
- Use the till accurately to record all transactions, ensure that all drinks are paid for and accounted for.
- Offer customers accompaniments.
- Keep the bar areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Clean and polish crockery, glassware and silverware.
About The Hotel Folk:
Founded in 1996, The Hotel Folk have grown to comprise six unique and individual family run hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
Please see the attached link for our actions implemented, with the aim of keeping our employees and guests as safe as possible. https://www.thorpeness.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have Right to Work in the UK.