The Hotel Folk are looking for an Assistant General Manager to join their friendly team at The Crown & Castle, Orford.
We’re searching for an Assistant Hotel Manager to work alongside our General Manager and lead the guest experience across all aspects of the operation. The Crown & Castle is situated within a stone’s throw of the C12th castle in the heart of the beautiful and tranquil village of Orford, Suffolk.
This role is available as a 4 day week pro-rata, or 5 day a week option.
We are a highly rated restaurant with 21 comfortable en-suite bedrooms. In 2018 we won The Good Hotel Guide’s Editor’s Choice for Restaurant with Rooms and the year before Sawday’s gave us its award for Fabulous Food.
If you think this is for you, take a read through the fantastic benefits we offer:
- Discretionary Service Bonus
- Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk
- Share of the tips.
- Training and Development.
- Free golf at Thorpeness Golf Club and Hotel.
- Up to 33 days holiday per year.
- Up to 50% staff discount on accommodation and dining throughout the Company for family members.
- £35 per room B&B for employee and guest at any of our hotels.
- Discount at our Weavers’ House Spa at The Swan Hotel, Lavenham.
- Free staff meals when on duty.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Hospitality Action.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Simply Health “cash back” health benefit scheme.
- Edenred – Employee Benefit Scheme.
- Long Service Awards.
We are currently offering the following benefits:
Discretionary Service Bonus:
For every £1 you earn in tips we will match the amount £1 for £1 to create the Discretionary Service Bonus Fund. This Service Bonus is then divided equally across our Folk in addition to your hourly wage and hotel tips. The Service Bonus can be worth up to an extra 70p per hour in peak season, all for delivering great hospitality (up to 30th September 2021).
Paid Overtime for Salaried Folk:
If you work on a salaried contract, typically 40 hours per week, for any hours worked 45 or above you will be paid overtime at your equivalent hourly rate (up to 30th September 2021).
- Be aware of agreed budgets and targets and help contribute to achieve them.
- Oversee and support the reception team in the day to day operation ensuring procedures and policies are adhered too and support housekeeping where necessary. Oversee and support the Restaurant Manager.
- Maintain and monitor the quality of service standards and take corrective action.
- Maintain training of staff and ensure that all staff are competent within their roles and monitor employee development.
- Be part of the Duty Management rota.
- Implement controls across F&B areas Maintain health and safety requirements in all F&B service areas.
- Support stock control system for liquor.
About The Hotel Folk:
The Hotel Folk is a group of luxury hotels and businesses located across the beautiful county of Suffolk. Founded in 1996, we have grown to comprise six unique and individual hotels, a Country Club, and luxurious Spa. Whilst all our properties are charmingly individual with their own unique personality, the thing they all have in common is the people; a community of Folk obsessed with looking after our guests and delivering a blow-your-socks-off hospitality experience.
A full job description is available on request, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please see our link with an update on what is happening at The Crown and Castle to keep our employees and guests safe. https://crownandcastle.co.uk/info/covid-19/
Please note that we will not be able to process your application unless you have the right to work in the UK.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £24,000.00 per year