The Hotel Folk are looking to employee an experienced Food & Beverage Manager to work at Thorpenesss Golf Club & Hotel.
- Food & Beverage Manager at Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel
- Salary: £23-28k
Vacancy for: Food & Beverage Manager
On a day to day basis manage and maintain a successful and profitable food and beverage operation enhancing standards in service excellence. Source new revenue opportunities by working closely with all department heads with the common goal of maximising the financial performance of Thorpness’ F&B operations.
- Oversee daily F&B shift operations and ensure a high level of execution and standards.
- Develop a food and beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the target market of members, residents and visitors.
- Meet agreed budgets and targets in all F&B areas.
- Manage and maintain MAX GP to its full stock control capacity at both venues.
- Implement and monitor F&B controls across all depts.
- Forecasting of F&B operations identifying need times and implementing actions to address
- Control wage costs against agreed budgets.
- Ensure staffing levels are at appropriate levels while controlling payroll through efficiencies and effective scheduling.
- Ensure cash and liquor control policies are all in place.
- Minimise wastage in all areas.
- Develop and oversee effective ordering and purchasing of equipment and supplies.
- Identify local competition through SWOT analysis and competitor checks.
- Continuously look for new ways to enhance the service offerings.
- Coach individual team members through specific feedback.
- Working alongside HOD’s to develop a training programme for all new starters
- Develop key team members through PDP’s and training plans including succession planning for Supervisor and Manager roles.
- Conduct regular performance reviews & appraisals as per HR policy.
- Deal effectively with absenteeism and performance management as per policies.
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to company policies and maintain health and safety requirements in all F&B service areas at both venues.
- Address any complaints quickly and resolve at point where possible.
- Ensure that all functions and events are managed to the highest level of professionalism
- Utilise interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others; advocate sound financial and business decision making; demonstrate honesty and integrity and lead by example.
- Maintain product knowledge and implement regular training programmes to all HOD’s and team members.
- Play a key role in weekly operations meetings, monthly HOD meetings, and quarterly Town halls.
- Liaise with the marketing team to promote the business via appropriate media for both venues.
- Work closely with events coordinators of the hotel to produce full event/venue/catering proposals and accurate costings as required, including alternatives, for clients to consider.
- Oversee and communicate all information relating to each event/function to the relevant team members.
- When required attend events and functions to meet clients on the day, to assist with the organisation and operation as required.