The Hotel Folk are looking to employee an experienced Finance Manager to work at The Hotel Folk Head Office in Thorpeness.
- Finance Manager
- Head Office, Thorpeness
- Salary: £40-50k
Vacancy for: Finance Manager
The Hotel Folk (recently rebranded from TA Hotel Collection), are one of the most prestigious hotel operators in Suffolk. We are committed to providing exceptional hospitality in our portfolio of stunning properties across Suffolk, with a strong focus on training and development and can offer this fantastic opportunity to be part of a team of leading professionals within a growing hospitality brand.
Once on board you will receive;
- Unique on the job training and development
- Discounts across our 6 Hotels
- Exciting Online Benefits Platform - Eden red
- Employee Assistance Program
- Healthcare scheme - Simply Health
- 33 days holiday per annum
As Finance Manager, reporting directly into the CEO you will be responsible for the strategic and day to day financial management of The Hotel Folk properties, as well as ensuring internal financial governance and external accountability. You will direct a small team with responsibilities such as:
- Preparation and presentation of management accounts, Board reports and budgets
- Ensure compliance with bank covenants
- Management of sales/purchase ledgers and monies on deposit
- Accruals and prepayments for all profit centres
- Oversee payroll (ADP)
- Supplier management
- Monitoring cash flow
- Compliance relating to all financial and accounting matters
- Submission of data returns
- Preparation of audit data
- Liaison with bankers, auditors & HMRC
About the role
You will be an integral part of the management team overseeing all our financial controls and reporting activities. You will offer key financial business partnering, supporting and challenging teams to formulate strategies to enhance profitability. You will also ensure all financial implications and risks of new commercial opportunities are fully understood and accurately reported. You will prepare for and attend Board meetings, advising on legal, governance, accounting and tax implications where needed.
As Finance Manager your financial expertise is exceptionally important, as is your ability to communicate amiably with all levels of the business. The company are open to finance knowledge built within any industry.
You must be a qualified accountant (CCAB/CIMA) with strong communication skills and have a track record of strategic financial working at a senior level.