Fantastic opportunity for a Day Porter at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa.
- Day Porter at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Part-time, Permanent
- Salary: £8.21 per hour
Vacancy for: Day Porter
The Hotel Folk currently have a fantastic opportunity for a polite and dependable Day Porter to join their friendly team at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel and Spa. We are offering a total of 30 hours per week, of which 14 hours will be reception cover and 16 hours will be portage. Working to a 4-star standard the successful candidate will be expected to meet and greet guests, assist with luggage, support lounge service, and set up and refresh meeting rooms for events.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave increasing with service
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
Overall Job Purpose:
To assist all guests with a range of porter services either on arrival, departure or during their stay. To provide all guests and potential guests with friendly, efficient customer service at all times, so that they receive a positive impression of the company.
- To provide all guests with friendly, efficient customer service at all times.
- To be visible in the public areas when on duty, meeting and greeting guests in foyer and lounge, and being a presence for enquiries.
- To meet guests as soon as reasonably possible to ensure that individual needs are met from the time of arrival. To assist with parking.
- To ensure that guests and their luggage are taken up to their rooms.
- To recognize return guests and address them by name.
- Respond to guest and customer requests courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Be aware of all arrivals/departures, functions, special events and special requests.
- Ensure that any requests made by guests are dealt with or passed onto the relevant departments/managers.
- Know all the products and services offered by the hotel or within The Hotel Folk and explain these to the guest.
- Ensure that a good local knowledge is gained and keep abreast of any local events. Being aware of local attractions and day’s out and ensure we have relevant information.
- Be proactive – If a guest appears to need help and has not asked ensure that an offer of assistance is made.
- Carry out all tasks and procedures in accordance with training provided and the procedures manual.
- Complete all jobs/checklists on a daily basis.
- Monitor arriving and departing guests – review the arrivals and departures list on a daily basis so as to know the requirements of all guests. Assist with requirements such as ice buckets to rooms.
- Know where parking is available at all times so that guests can be directed efficiently. If parking a vehicle ensure that reception knows where the vehicle is and that the keys are handed in. Ensure you have copies of parking handout to assist guests.
Deliver and efficient and friendly guest experience:
- Give all guests on arrival a warm and friendly greeting, offering help with luggage and parking.
- Show guests to their bedrooms with an enthusiastic manner. Chat with and inform guests of any relevant information.
- Up-sell whenever possible – let guests know that lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, etc. is being served.
- Whenever possible ensure to address guests by name.
- Offer to assist with luggage - upon arrival at the room ask where the guest would like their luggage placed and whether any clothing can be hung away in the wardrobe.
- Explain heating, TV etc. Inform the guest that if they require any assistance to dial 0 for reception.
- Bid all guests a fond farewell.
- Responsible for entrances to the hotel being attractive and clean at all times including glass
- Make sure toilets are checked regularly and replenished with towels etc. and are in a tidy state, liaise with housekeeping if they need cleaning.
- To take responsibility for the lounge, making sure it is clear and tidy, plumping cushions, tidying newspapers filling information racks.
- Assist with beach hire.
- Be willing to work in the reception and restaurant areas assisting the team where necessary.
- Ensure that all car-parks and arrival/departure areas are clean and free from litter.
- Ensure the porter’s cupboard is kept clean and tidy and that coat hangers are numbered for ease of use.
- To deal with minor maintenance issues if required.
- To be part of the Green Committee, and take an active role in reducing waste and increasing revenue.
- To take documentation to sister hotels when required.
- To attend meetings when required.
- APPLY NOW -