The Hotel Folk are looking to employ an experienced and dependable Chef de Partie to join our friendly team in Orford.
- Chef de Partie at The Crown & Castle
- Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 - £21,000 pa
Vacancy for: Chef de Partie
The Hotel Folk are looking for experienced CDP's to work at The Crown and Castle in Orford.
· Work closely with the team to deliver the highest possible standard of service to guests.
· Put the “customer first” at all times.
· Respect other members of the team.
· Be flexible and willing to work in all areas of the kitchen.
· Be responsible for a specific area of the kitchen.
· Work with the Head Chef/Sous Chef to plan menus and dishes.
· Order stocks and supplies from approved suppliers
· Ensure that stocks and supplies are of an acceptable quality.
· Ensure that stock is rotated on a first in, first out basis
· Ensure that food is dated, stored correctly and at the right temperature.
· Carry out temperature checks at the start of each shift
· Carry out all mise en place for the following shift/day before going off duty.
· Ensure all mise en place check lists are complete before service starts
· Ensure that prepared food is of the right quality and that the presentation of food is to the required standard.
· Cover breakfast duties
· Assist with the preparation of staff meals
· Supervise Commis Chefs within area
· Give support and guidance to Commis Chefs
· Help to train other members of staff.
· Ensure that equipment is used safely and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
· Know and understand fire, health, safety and food hygiene requirements and procedures.
· Report anything that is faulty, damaged or which could cause a hazard either to colleagues or customers.
Key Performance Measures:
· Attendance and time-keeping
· Consistent achievement of food preparation standards
· Guest comments/feedback
· Relationships with other members of staff
· Be willing to continue development training and/or to work towards a formal qualification
· Have up to date food hygiene certificates
· Wear a uniform
· Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays
· Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 to £21,000.00 /year