The Hotel Folk are looking for a Chef de Partie to join their team at The Brudenell Hotel in Aldeburgh.
- Chef de Partie at The Brudenell Hotel
- Salary: £21,000 p/a
Vacancy for: Chef de Partie
The Hotel Folk have a fantastic opportunity for Chef de Partie to join their kitchen team at The Brudenell Hotel, Aldeburgh. In a stunning seafront setting, The Brudenell Hotel is just a few steps away from the beach on Suffolk’s Heritage Coast. It has wonderful panoramic sea views to the front, while at the back it overlooks the river Alde and surrounding countryside. The four star, 44-bedroom hotel is renowned for its AA two rosette Seafood & Grill restaurant and large sea-facing terrace for dining and drinking al fresco on warmer days.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- Up to 33 days annual leave pro rata (increasing with service)
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Development Opportunities
Overall Job Purpose:
This is a development role for an experienced Commis Chef with some formal qualifications. The job holder may have responsibility for running a specific section of the kitchen.
- Work closely with the team to deliver the highest possible standard of service to guests.
- Put the “customer first” at all times.
- Respect other members of the team.
- Be flexible and willing to work in all areas of the kitchen.
- Be responsible for a specific area of the kitchen.
- Work with the Head Chef/Sous Chef to plan menus and dishes.
- Order stocks and supplies from approved suppliers.
- Ensure that stocks and supplies are of an acceptable quality.
- Ensure that stock is rotated on a first in, first out basis.
- Ensure that food is dated, stored correctly and at the right temperature.
- Carry out temperature checks at the start of each shift.
- Carry out all mise en place for the following shift/day before going off duty.
- Ensure all mise en place check lists are complete before service starts.
- Ensure that prepared food is of the right quality and that the presentation of food is to the required standard.
- Cover breakfast duties.
- Assist with the preparation of staff meals.
- Supervise Commis Chefs within area.
- Give support and guidance to Commis Chefs.
- Help to train other members of staff.
- Ensure that equipment is used safely and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Know and understand fire, health, safety and food hygiene requirements and procedures.
- Report anything that is faulty, damaged or which could cause a hazard either to colleagues or customers.
Key Performance Measures:
- Attendance and time-keeping.
- Consistent achievement of food preparation standards.
- Guest comments/feedback.
- Relationships with other members of staff.
- Be willing to continue development training and/or to work towards a formal qualification.
- Have up to date food hygiene certificates.
- Wear a uniform.
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group.
- APPLY NOW -