The Hotel Folk are looking to employ a Chef de Partie to join their friendly team at The White Lion Hotel.
- Chef de Partie at The White Lion Hotel
- Salary: £20,000 p/a
Vacancy for: Chef de Partie
The Hotel Folk have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Chef de Partie to join their team at The White Lion Hotel.We are looking for a professional and hard working individual with a passion for food and who will be a team player.
Overall Job Purpose:
This is a development role for an experienced Commis Chef with some formal qualifications. The job holder may have responsibility for running a specific section of the kitchen.
- Work closely with the team to deliver the highest possible standard of service to guests.
- Put the “customer first” at all times.
- Respect other members of the team.
- Be flexible and willing to work in all areas of the kitchen.
- Be responsible for a specific area of the kitchen.
- Work with the Head Chef/Sous Chef to plan menus and dishes.
- Order stocks and supplies from approved suppliers.
- Ensure that stocks and supplies are of an acceptable quality.
- Ensure that stock is rotated on a first in, first out basis.
- Ensure that food is dated, stored correctly and at the right temperature.
- Carry out temperature checks at the start of each shift.
- Carry out all mise en place for the following shift/day before going off duty.
- Ensure all mise en place check lists are complete before service starts.
- Ensure that prepared food is of the right quality and that the presentation of food is to the required standard.
- Cover breakfast duties.
- Assist with the preparation of staff meals.
- Supervise Commis Chefs within area.
- Give support and guidance to Commis Chefs.
- Help to train other members of staff.
- Ensure that equipment is used safely and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
- Know and understand fire, health, safety and food hygiene requirements and procedures.
- Report anything that is faulty, damaged or which could cause a hazard either to colleagues or customers.
Key Performance Measures:
- Attendance and time-keeping.
- Consistent achievement of food preparation standards.
- Guest comments/feedback.
- Relationships with other members of staff.
- Be willing to continue development training and/or to work towards a formal qualification.
- Have up to date food hygiene certificates.
- Wear a uniform.
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave increasing with service
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities