The Hotel Folk are looking to employ an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to work at their beautiful coastal property The Brudenell Hotel in Aldeburgh.
- Assistant Restaurant Manager at The Brudenell Hotel
- Salary: £22,000 p/a
Vacancy for: Assistant Restaurant Manager
The Hotel Folk currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to join their team at The Brudenell Hotel, Aldeburgh. In a stunning seafront setting, The Brudenell Hotel at Aldeburgh is just a few steps away from the beach on Suffolk’s Heritage Coast. It has wonderful panoramic sea views to the front, while at the back it overlooks the river Alde and surrounding countryside. The four star, 44-bedroom hotel is renowned for its AA two rosette Seafood & Grill restaurant and large sea-facing terrace for dining and drinking al fresco on warmer days.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- Up to 33 days annual leave pro rata (increasing with service)
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Development Opportunities
Overall Job Purpose:
As an Assistant Restaurant Manager you will be expected to maintain guest satisfaction by providing courteous, efficient and knowledgeable service at all times. You will ensure that presentation and cleaning standards are achieved and maintained, assist the Restaurant Manager in maintaining the highest possible standards at all times, and undertake Duty Manager responsibilities.
- Ensure that all standards of hygiene, cleanliness and food safety are always maintained at the highest possible level.
- Help with training and assisting new staff as and when required.
- Actively seek ways to promote sales and cross sell.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Ensure that all customers and guests are acknowledged on arrival in a friendly and polite manner.
- Encourage a “customer first” culture within the team.
- Keep product knowledge up-to-date, know the daily specials, seasonal and local dishes.
- Know who is waiting to be served and ensure that people are served in turn and that they are not kept waiting.
- Be available to take orders and to serve where necessary.
- Respond to guest and customer requests and feedback on a day to day basis.
- Be able to tell customers about the content of each menu choice.
- Take orders accurately.
- Offer customers accompaniments.
- Keep the restaurant clean and tidy at all times
- Clean and polish crockery, glassware and silverware.
- Ensure that restaurant tables are laid out correctly.
- Replenish condiments.
- Replace dirt table linen.
- Carry out room and lounge service as required.
- Clear away any spillages as soon as they occur.
- Carry out all procedures in accordance with company standards and the procedures manuals.
- Adhere to all health and safety and fire prevention procedures.
- Undertake any essential training when required by the company.
- Ensure all dietary requirements are logged on the order for the kitchen.
- Report any customer requests/special needs and suggestions to the manager.
Key Performance Measures:
- Guest comments/feedback
- Accuracy of orders
- Efficiency of service
- Dress appropriately adhering to company dress code and standards.
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
- Be willing to cover in other hotels within the group.
- APPLY NOW -