The Hotel Folk are looking to employ a friendly and motivated Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa.
- Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa
- Salary: £24,000 p/a
Vacancy for: Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
The Hotel Folk are looking to recruit a motivated Assistant Food & Beverage Manager to work at The Swan at Lavenham Hotel & Spa.
Overall Job Purpose:
To assist food and beverage manager in the running of all food and beverage services. To manage, motivate and support the team, optimising all opportunities to increase food and liquor sales and profit.
- Monitor sales and expenditure within area and ensure that agreed budgets and targets are achieved.
- Ensure that all operating and service standards are achieved and maintained.
- Allocate and deploy staff, so that all areas are adequately covered at all times.
- Ensure that all staff are fully trained and competent within their job role.
- Monitor quality and service standards taking corrective action whenever necessary.
- Identify any existing or potential operational problems and either resolve them or recommend solutions.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff as required by the food and beverage manager.
- Ensure that induction training is given to all new staff and that training and development is on-going in all areas.
- Carry out staff appraisals and performance reviews where relevant.
- Manage employee absence in accordance with the company’s Absence Management Policy.
- Produce procedures manuals and information to ensure that staff work consistently and that their knowledge is kept up-to-date.
- Communicate effectively with all team members so that everyone is aware of business/team goals, priorities etc.
- Undertake Duty Management responsibilities on a rota basis.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that the hotel runs smoothly in all areas at all times
- Lead training for all staff on service and help to develop a Thorpeness service bible.
- Assist as required during Country Club functions.
- Establish and maintain a “customer first” culture within the team – applicable to internal as well as external customers.
- Encourage team members to increase sales by ensuring that they know how to add on sales and that they have up-to-date product knowledge.
- Ensure that guest and customer requests are responded to courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Monitor and evaluate complaints and take preventive/corrective action or make recommendations to improve the situation.
Working with bar supervisor and shift leader:
- Ensure that all liquor ordering, deliveries and invoices are checked.
- Ensure that all liquor stock control procedures are set and adhered to.
- Check that all liquor stock control measures are adhered to.
- Ensure that the correct paperwork is completed for all new starters and leavers.
- Control stock and take action to reduce wastage in all areas.
- Attend management meetings.
- Ensure that all reports are accurate and delivered on time.
- Ensure that all records are kept up-to-date.
- Ensure that staff in all areas understand health and safety requirements and that safe working practices are adhered to in all areas.
- Be aware of all employee policies.
Key Performance Measures:
- Budgeted restaurant food and beverage revenues are achieved.
- Food and liquor profit margins are achieved.
- Guest comments/feedback.
- Employee retention.
- Attend management and training meetings.
- Keep own skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- Be aware of local competition, instigate competitor checks.
- Be able to work flexibly – working shifts, weekends and bank holidays.
- Be willing to provide short-term cover in other hotels within the group.
Benefits of Working for The Hotel Folk:
- Free Golf at our Thorpeness Golf Club
- 50% off Treatments & Products at our Weavers' House Spa
- 50% off in all our Restaurants
- Free meals when on duty
- B&B in any of our hotels for only £35prpn
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Simply Health – health benefit scheme
- EdenRed – employee rewards scheme
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave increasing with service
- Company pension scheme
- Training & Developments Opportunities
- APPLY NOW -